An oil change is one of the most important aspects of vehicle maintenance. Over time, oil will become dirty and can cause serious damage to the engine. Here are the steps that a good auto technician should perform during a full oil change service:
- Drain out old oil, change the filter, and add new oil.
- Check and refill brake fluid.
- Check brake pads/ABS.
- Check tire pressure and tread.
- Check and refill clutch/ transmission fluid.
- Check and refill gear oil.
- Check and refill coolant.
- Check and refill steering fluid.
- Check and clean the air filter.
- Check the crankcase breather.
- Check the gauges/indicators.
- Check the battery & clamps.
- Check lights.
- Check and refill the windshield washer fluid.
- Check the wiper blades.
Vehicle experts still recommend an oil change service every 3,000 miles for most cars, although certain types of higher-quality synthetic oil can go for many more miles. Ask your mechanic which is the best oil to keep your engine running smoothly. Your auto shop can provide you with oil change coupons to help make them more affordable.
Looking for oil change coupons? Contact our ASE Certified technicians at Kestner Automotive today for more information about the things to check during an oil change and to schedule an appointment. Our auto shop proudly serves residents in Columbia, SC, and the surrounding area.